Manga is a popular graphics/comic-book illustration style in Asia, and our special edition Christmas Manga Manger Book of Hope has already been proven as a powerful means of reaching children and youth with the Gospel in the region. Young people love it!
- Christmas is a season that’s thoroughly celebrated in Asia, even though most people don’t understand the holiday’s origins.
- Our Christmas in Asia outreach each year involves millions of children and youth in exciting Gospel presentations where they receive the Word of God as part of the celebration.
- Christmas Manga Manger is one of the favorite books our partners request each year: it shares the story of the birth of Jesus to explain Christmas, but goes on to show His life, miracles, teaching, death and resurrection. It invites readers to faith in Christ!
This book in the Lao language will mean a beautiful introduction to sharing the Good News with children in a majority Buddhist and Communist region.
Thanks for helping to make it possible!
Daoist tradition says the gates of hell open for one month of the lunar year, and ghosts roam the earth! The Hungry Ghost Festival in some parts of Asia celebrates this tradition — families burn offerings of food and play money to placate the hungry spirits who might otherwise do them harm. We want to help introduce young people to the Gospel of peace at these festivals with the Peace Outreach program.
- It will be a diglot that includes both Chinese and English, since many young people are interested in learning English.
- It will premiere at the season of the Hungry Ghost Festival, to give young people an alternative to their ancient, traditional worldview.
- Because the Hungry Ghost Festival among the Chinese of Malaysia is also a time for parties and special performances, it will be a great time to introduce the new Scripture program, too.