Our targeted research among Africa’s youngest children reveals they …
- Are often exposed to witchcraft and tribal religion that can be a barrier to receiving the Gospel.
- Grow up amidst cultural practices that reflect the tribal religious foundations — and these practices are often detrimental to spiritual and emotional health.
- Often face poverty, abuse, fractured families, and early sexual experiences … all of which can result in negative formative experiences.
In response, we want to develop a new Book of Hope which emphasizes the immense love of Christ and how it applies in their cultural context — helping them find hope that they were created by a loving God for a beautiful purpose.
What a beautiful gift you can give Africa’s next generation!
The Bible shows many examples of children who were also agents of significant change: child-King Josiah brought the children of Israel back to the Scriptures; Jesus debated with the religious leaders in the temple when He was just a boy; Esther and Mary the Mother of Jesus were teenagers, it is speculated, when they did heroic deeds.
- Our Empowered Worldview program will show children that they, too, are empowered to create positive change in their world.
- Based on World Vision’s Empowered Worldview for Adults, our program will focus on children ages 8-12.
- It will help them recognize and embrace healthy beliefs, mindsets, and behavior — in line with the Scriptures.
- The pilot program is slated to reach 500,000 children in Africa, empowering them to choose Jesus and make a difference in their families and communities.
Your gift can empower the next generation!
Today’s young people want to affect change for their communities and their nations, not only in a spiritual sense, but in a socioeconomic sense, too. They love the call of Christ to feed the hungry, heal the sick, and proclaim liberty to the captives! But they lack the real-world foundation for how to achieve these aims.
- We envision the Entrepreneurial Thinking program as a powerful answer to this dilemma.
- It will impart the Word of God and the message of salvation as it shows young people that they are intended to co-create with God —
- And it will equip them, as creators, to think like entrepreneurs.
- Designed as a resource for local churches to deploy, it will help a generation of young people learn how to make a practical impact in their world, and it will keep them engaged with church and spiritual life, too.